I suggest you...

Flexible Every X hours intake

Take as needed. Some medications are prescribed as "Take every (X) hours as needed". It can be very dangerous to take a pill meant to last 6 hours every 4 hours or less. The ability to schedule a dose "as needed" can give a visual reminder that the next dose should not be taken before that time period, and/or remind you that you can take it now.

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bill Hazel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    gathering feedback  ·  Michael von MyTherapy responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion! We will put forward this idea and discuss its feasibility with our team. We will get back to you as soon as we have more news.

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Artem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I add recurring medication which needs to be taken every 4 hours I enter default time: 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm
        If I get up at 9am or 7am then I get wrong time. So I would like when reminder pops up to snooze it for N minutes/hours

• Sonny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what I'm missing badly in this app. I don't have set times daily because i have a inconsistent living rhythm. But I do need to take my medication every 3 hours.

So if the app would remind me 3 hours after i logged my last dose automatically, that would be perfect.

• Lindsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ie if I take meds at 9am and every 4 hours after, I take my meds at 9.30, the times should change

• Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

#1: I'm in need of 2.5 hours in the time schedule.

#2: When you confirm that you have taken the medicin the timer is "reset" to 2 hours for the next notification, if you have a medication you need to take every 2 hours for an example. so if you "forget"/oversleep/take medicin before the timer notification/you're too busy/medicin isnt near you and 15-40 min. later get it, it will still add up in the end.

• hanna-My commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

en funktion där en kan skriva in hur ofta en får ta en viss medicin och sedan när en tar den och ska ta den andra gången. Så reagerar appen om du tar den för tidigt. eller för hög dos.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

als je het eenmaal hebt ingevuld, kunnen alle innametijden wijzigen na veranderen van de starttijd.

• Sonny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to take it every 4 hours, but wake up and take my first medication on a different time daily. I have it now set on 10 am, 2 pm and 6 pm. But when i take my first at for example 8 am, it still reminds the second only at 2 pm, whereas it should remind me to take it at 12 after seeing that my 1st one was at 8.

Long story short: it should set the interval 4 hours after last dosage instead of pre-set times which differ each day. I searched for over 20 medication apps and none of them except for one (which costs a lot of money) have it integrated, so you can really stand out using this option!

This app is great, but according to me, missing one thing. Now i need to take pills every 2,5h but I can't set this time in app, becose it is only 1,2,3 etc. Change to set time by hand.

• David L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes you can get out of sync with a med. So if I am late, I should have the option of taking next dose at the originally scheduled time or at a new interval based on the administration time of that the dose is actually being taken.

I got into that a lot when I was on an IV antibiotic 3x day.

• Eli L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there should be an option for spontaneous medications where, when you indicate you've taken it, it starts a timer that will count down until your next dose. for example, I take a drug "as needed" but once I've taken it, then I can take it every 4 hours - it would be nice to have an option to start a countdown to next dose. Since I don't take it at the same time every day, or even every day at all, the daily reminders thing doesn't work for it.

• bwillis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So for instance if I am supposed to take my medication every 4 hours and I set the schedule to start at 7 but I don't get to take my pill until 8. when I put in the time to confirm the reminders for the other 3 times I take the pill that day should shift an hour later.

If we have missed a slot by a few minutes to an hour it would be good to set the next set of reminders (for that day) to change their times accordingly so it keeps with the same duration in between medication.

• Ruud de Rooij commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for adhd i take dexamfetamine and i need 5 hours between them or the dosis gets to high.
        and when i get up late the hole plan should shift from the moment of intake.
        so i would like to see that the interval time for those meds is leading.
        so the option 3x aday 5 hours in between them starting from a fixed time. and it starts the 5 hour timer from every intake.

• Jasper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I take my first medication of the day on different times. The interval should be 4 hours in between. I now have set the first one for 07:00. So the next is planned for 11:00. If I take the first one at 09:00 it would to see that the next 3 medication moments automatically shift with 2 hours also.

• anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love your app so much!

I sometime see the notification but I take the pill after half an hour later, then mark the alarm button.
        I take two pills every 12 hours and I don't follow the alarm precisely. I wish the app could be "smarter" to change the next dose time, as the half-life of the drug is important and I always mix that up

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base